Get informed to make the right choices for you
On May 12, Centraide of Greater Montreal presented a webinar about what you need to know about having and drafting a will. Our guest speaker, notary Marie-Ève Bercier, stressed the importance of getting your affairs in order with information about:
- The importance of having a will.
- Types of wills
- Choose the right liquidator
- Types of bequests and the rights of the legatees based on how they inherit
- Protection mandate (formerly the “mandate in case of incapacity”)
Don’t hesitate to watch or rewatch this presentation to learn more about the different ways that you can leave a philanthropic legacy.
- Marie-Ève Bercier, Notary, Beauchamp Gilbert Notaires
- Yannick Elliott, Vice-President, Philanthropic Development, Centraide of Greater Montreal
- Emanuel Euvrard, Director, Planned Giving, Centraide of Greater Montreal
To learn more about preparing a will
A will is the most important document in your estate planning, as it gives you a voice even once you have passed on. When you make a will, you protect your loved ones and ensure that your last wishes are honoured.
We’ve put together a guide to help you begin thinking about your estate, start discussions with your loved ones, clarify your wishes, and make some important choices.
Would you like more information?
Please contact Emanuel Euvrard by telephone 514 437-3564, or by filling out the form.