2019 result and Solidaires
An exceptional result for campaign 2019: $59.7M
Montreal, February 5, 2020 – Centraide of Greater Montreal raised $59.7M during its 2019 campaign. This exceptional result never before achieved by the organization was announced this evening by campaign co-chairs Éric Martel, President and CEO of Hydro-Québec, and Andrew Lutfy, President and CEO of Groupe Dynamite and Carbonleo, who participated in the Solidaires recognition event that was attended by 350 guests from workplaces and the community sector.
“This campaign reflects the enthusiastic involvement of thousands of people who show their local love to help vulnerable people. Essential contributions from the public and from workplaces and their employees and unions will let us support the vital work of hundreds of agencies and volunteers, without whom our amazing Greater Montreal would not be the same,” said Lili-Anna Pereša, President and Executive Director of Centraide of Greater Montreal.
Centraide awarded over fifteen Solidaires Awards in recognition of the outstanding commitment of workplaces and their employees and retired staff over the past year. Community initiatives to break down the barriers that can lead to poverty and social exclusion also received an award along with a grant of $10,000.
The winners of the Solidaires to Agencies are:
- Centre for Community Organizations (COCo), Solidaires Empowerment
- Regroupement Partage for its “Cultiver l’Espoir” project, Solidaires Mobilization
- The “200 portes” HM parents’ committee, a project of the Table de quartier Hochelaga-Maisonneuve, Solidaires Citizen Involvement
- Pierrette Gagné, Executive Director of the Information and Referral Centre of Greater Montreal, Solidaires Leadership
- Calixa-Lavallée High School Peer Support Group, a program of the agency Coup de pouce jeunesse de Montréal-Nord, Solidaires NextGen
The winners of the Solidaires to Workplaces are:
- Pratt & Whitney Canada, Solidaires Corporate Commitment, 1,000 plus employees
- Intact, Coup de cœur, Corporate Commitment, 1,000 plus employees
- Ivanhoé Cambridge, Solidaires Corporate Commitment, 999 employees or less
- Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, Solidaires Mobilization, 1,000 plus employees
- CMC Electronics, Solidaires Mobilization, 999 employees or less
- Hatch, Coup de cœur, Mobilization, 999 employees and less
- Caprion Biosciences, Solidaires StartUp
- TechAide AI4Good Conference and Hackathon, Solidaires Innovation
- IAMAW - Locals 869 and 2468, Rolls-Royce Canada, Solidaires Union Leadership
- François Langevin, TD Insurance, Solidaires Citizen Involvement
- UQAM Committee, Coup de cœur, Citizen Involvement
Taïeb Hafsi, Professor, Holder of the Strategy and Society – Chair of Management at HEC Montréal, received the Michèle Thibodeau-DeGuire Award, which highlights a major volunteer’s exceptional contribution to the advancement of Centraide of Greater Montreal. Mr. Hafsi contributed by participating in the organization’s strategic thinking for over 20 years. He also co-authored a book on Centraide.