Facilitate access to decent housing
To help everyone build a home
The cost of housing has the greatest impact on living conditions. Rent that exceeds 30% of household income is considered too high, and families then risk having financial problems to meet other basic needs.
Thanks to your donations, Centraide supports a network of 28 agencies and projects whose mission is to defend the rights of renters and to guide and inform anyone facing a housing problem. An investment of $1.8 M.
Concrete and lasting initiatives:
- Legal aid
- Administrative support and advice
- Budget and financial litteracy training
- Intervention to address substandard housing
- Defence of individual and collective rights
- Promotion of social housing