Valero Energy, winner of the 2019 Solidaires Corporate Commitment (999 employees or less)
A committed Centraide partner for over 20 years, Valero Energy has implemented innovative strategies to encourage employees to donate, such as:
- Giving employees “activity passports” when they donate through payroll deduction.
- Providing $0.75 for every dollar donated to Centraide, up to a maximum of $1,000.
- Creating the “Leaders of Tomorrow” category to encourage employees to make Leadership donations ($1,200 or more), with a participation rate of 100%.
- Canvassing retired staff for the first time. • Organizing an activity to raise awareness about academic perseverance.
- Organizing a recognition and awareness dinner about the importance of Leadership donations ($1,200 or more).
Valero Energy also did not hesitate to show its commitment to Centraide by:
- Displaying the Generosity Revealed photo exhibition at different locations of the company.
- Asking suppliers to donate prizes for drawings.
- Sharing their campaign successes on social media.
All of these actions show that improving quality of life in the community is a priority for Valero Energy.
The Solidaires Corporate Commitment is awarded to a company that has run an exceptional campaign supported by upper management and that has shown exemplary partnership and commitment to Centraide.