Becoming a Loaned Representative
Take your involvement even further
During the campaign, some 50 people join Centraide’s team for a period of 15 weeks. They are lent by their employer or sponsored by a partner organization. Their mandate is to offer support and strategic advice to the organizers of the 1,600 workplace campaigns, which together account for about 60% of the total proceeds of Centraide’s annual campaign!
Participation in the Loaned Representative Program is an opportunity to enhance your involvement in Centraide.
A plus for everyone
For the employee
50 hours of training and coaching from professionals, and over 500 hours of experience in:
- Project management
- Strategic counselling
- Client contact
- Team mobilization
- Public speaking
- Time and priorities management
- Incomparable knowledge of Centraide and of the winning strategies for a successful campaign.
For the partner organization
- A professional development or on-the-job training opportunity to diversify its employees' skills.
- The employee works in several different workplaces, thereby giving visibility to the organization’s social involvement.
- Additional competent and varied human resources who stimulate participation in the campaigns.
- The partners organizations assume the costs associated with the services of their loaned representatives (salary and transportation), thereby enabling as much money as possible to be reinvested in the community.
David O’Connor, Financière Manuvie
“From a personnel development perspective, lending an employee to Centraide is a great way for an organization to participate.”
Vincent Savard-Chalifoux, BMO Groupe financier
“Throughout my four-month stint as a Loaned Representative, I was able to make good use of my spirit of initiative, organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects at once.”
Patricia Jean, Patrimoine Canadien
“I was called upon to play a key role with the directors of various workplace campaigns.”
Are you an employer?
Here is HOW you can become a partner in the Loaned Representative Program.
Lend an employee
Your employee will work at Centraide full-time for 15 weeks, from August 27 to December 7, 2012. Salary and fringe benefits will continue to be assumed by the employer. Professional supervision will be provided by Centraide.
If you are not in a position to lend an employee
Give one of your retirees an opportunity to put his or her experience to good use. Sponsor the services of a Loaned Representative to be recruited by Centraide on your behalf.
The cost of sponsoring the services of a person recruited by Centraide is $9,500.
Are you an employee?
Talk to your employer or contact us.
The ideal candidate:
- Is open to new challenges
- Demonstrates a social commitment
- Likes team work
- Shows initiative and leadership
- Has interpersonal skills
- Finds inventive solutions to problems
- Is persuasive and persistent
Experience in organizing a Centraide workplace campaign is an asset.
To learn more about the Loaned Representative Program
Contact Sylvie Boucher byor by telephone at 514 288-1261.
Support the community agencies of Greater Montreal by making a donation to Centraide:
Or take action by