Solidaires to community agencies
Marks of excellence in community action
Centraide recognizes the outstanding contribution of agencies and people in the community sector who work every day to alleviate the effects of poverty and exclusion among our most vulnerable citizens.
The Solidaires to agencies are intended to promote the values and inspiring practices of the community sector, in five different areas:
Agencies may enter for an award in more than one category.
Be in the running for a Solidaires
Any agency or person involved in an agency supported by Centraide is eligible to enter for a Solidaires award.
Registration will close on October 6, 2017.
An experienced and skilled jury
A jury made up of volunteers who are representative of the community select the prizewinners on the basis of precise criteria and the information accompanying candidates’ entry forms.
The Distinctions recognition event
The Solidaires are presented at Distinctions, a recognition event which brings together people from the businesses, organizations and trade unions that participate in Centraide of Greater Montreal’s campaign, as well as representatives of the community agencies supported by Centraide.
During this event, Solidaires are presented also to businesses, organizations and trade unions that distinguished themselves during the last campaign.
Distinctions event : February 7, 2018
The winners of the Solidaires are recognized in various ways
- A $10,000 grant for the agency concerned.
- A commemorative bronze statuette created by artist Hélène Coulombe.
- An official photograph of the award presentation at the Distinctions event.
- Public recognition generated by the Distinctions event and the press coverage surrounding it.
- Numerous recognition mentions, especially on this website and in various publications.