neighbourhood round table
What exactly is a local round table?
- An association of partners who belong to different networks (community, municipal, school, etc.) and operate in different fields of intervention (youth, seniors, mental health, food security, etc.).
- A structured organization for discussion, mobilization and project development.
Why establish a round table?
- To combine strengths.
- Adopt a common vision of needs and solutions.
- Develop collective projects.
- Have a greater impact on poverty and exclusion.
What issues do the round tables tackle?
All issues that contribute to improving the social environment and living conditions: housing, food security, transportation, safety and security, access to recreation, sports and culture, citizen participation.
- By mobilizing citizens.
- Identifying the social issues specific to the community.
- Finding ways to revitalize neighbourhoods, fight school dropout, facilitate the integration of the cultural communities, establish new services, etc.
- Maintaining constant communication between the partners.
What support does Centraide provide?
- It strengthens the community fabric by supporting the community agencies to ensure their stability and solidity.
- Promotes community mobilization by supporting local round tables.
- Strengthens the bridging leadership of local community actors.